Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Female users getting married
johnjamesmarsh
TS 552 SP2, Solaris 8
Hi all,
Guess this sounds really sexist but.....
I have a user who got married. She changed her name and therefore wanted her username changed too. The NT admins changed her PC login and it was down to me to change her Teamsite login. The UNIX admins changed her Solaris login name but left her UID the same. I ran
/opt/iwov/iw-home/bin/iwidmap -u -c old_username new_user_name /opt/iwov/iw-store/default
I ran
iwuser -delete -name old_user_name
then
iwuser -query -name old_user_name
and it reported no user found. I ran
iwuser -create -name new_user_name
then
iwuser -query -name new_user_name
and it reports:
User new_user_name
Entity ID 72
Aliases:
Unix user ID 1006
Unix user name new_user_name
No related groups.
(No properties)
But I can't log in as new_user_name. I have done an iwreset -a on the system. Do I need to stop/start Teamsite?
Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received.
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi John,
I know when I have done upgrades in the past on Windows and have had to use the iwidmap commands to rename/remove users I have found that the changes are only reflected in the GUI once I have done a reboot.
There may be another way of doing this, but this was the best I could come up with!
Good luck!
Jeremy
Adam Stoller
Uhm, if all that happened was a name change - and the SID and UID on the Windows and Unix boxes (respectively) stayed the same, all I believe you should have had to do is make the same change to the IWHOME/conf/roles/*.uid files and then typed 'iwreset' (with no flags) for everything to have worked.
However, that's not an issue now, as you went through the steps you went through. I think stopping and restarting TeamSite is a reasonable next step. If that doesn't work - contact Support.
--fish
(Interwoven 5.5.2 Certified, Senior Technical Consultant)
johnjamesmarsh
That's where I started. I thought just change the name in the editor.uid file and it would work (having done all the UNIX stuff). I checked the username could log in via telnet ok but they could still not log in via the Teamsite GUI. That's when I started on the "iwidmap" stuff.
I'm now waiting to be allowed to restart Teamsite as it is a production box and I have several users on the system (last day to get changes in for the weekly release).
Thanks for the responses.
Migrateduser
This is likely a problem with your entities database. If all the System Administrators did is change her user name, but kept her same UID, the Interwoven Entities database will likely need to be changed. One method of doing this is to follow the Knowledge Base article 48797 "Replacing the TeamSite Entity Database" or you can locate the entity for that user and just change her entity.
Here are the steps that I would go through to just change one entity in the database:
- Stop TeamSite
- Navigate to <iw-home>/local/entities
- Edit Index
- Find all references to her old user ID and change it to the new ID (should only be 1)
- Make a note of the number to the left of her user ID in the Index file. This is her TeamSite internal UID.
- Navigate to <iw-home>/local/entities/Data
- Edit the file named the same as her TeamSite internal UID.
- Change the Aliases line replacing her old user name with her new user name.
- Start TeamSite
If you corrupt the entities database, you can always rebuild it by following the steps in the KB mentioned above.
Let me know how it goes.
- Jason Meyer
johnjamesmarsh
Hi Jason,
You're right, it was a problem with the entities database. My system admins added a new user first then changed the user afterwards. This meant I had the new user in the database with a new UID. I deleted both the old and new user using the iwuser clt (as I don't have access to the entities files) then re-added the new user then restarted Teamsite and all is fine.
Incidentally I had much the same problem with samba.
Thanks for the responses.
John
Migrateduser
For completeness on this thread, I thought I'd mention that it is not always the female that changes her name upon marriage. I know of males who have done likewise.
lissa