Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
calling iwregen and iwgen from .tpl file
kellyrmilligan
I have searched the forum for a code snippet of this , and was hoping someone could just post it. I want to regenerate certain files everytime a new file is created. can someone post a snipped that calls iwregen inside of <iwperl> tags to be used in a presentation template?
Thanks,
Kelly
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mogoo
$cmdregen = `$cltpath/iwregen $file`;
where $cltpath is "YOUR_IW-HOME/bin" and $file is "/default/main.....file.html"
-maureen
ldap_fail.png
kellyrmilligan
thanks maureen!
kellyrmilligan
that worked great, but after testing, I realized that this is not achieving what I wanted to do. maybe you would know this as well. I was calling iwregen at the end of an article template, and wanted to regenerate the index page that has the links to these articles. but I get everything but the title in the link on the index page. I was reading through the generated html article file to get this article title, but I think I need to get everything from the dcrs, is this possible? I just want to make it so that the user doesn't have to create links to the articles.
Thanks ,
Kelly
mogoo
gotcha... I would put logic in the tpl of your index page that searches through all of the article DCRs and pulls the title field from each.
maureen
RobertPisor
We also have a process that builds an index page when another article is published and used to do something very similiar to what Maureen described. {Note: we are still using TS 5.0.1 - the 5.5 upgrade is almost complete though}
That process worked very well for small bits of content. However, some of our DCRs were large (~300 - 500KB) and parsing them took a lot of time. Therefore, we wrote the fields we needed in the index page to exended attributes and read the EAs instead of parsing DCRs.
I don't remember what the break-even point was on our server anymore. If speed is a concern, you might want to do some benchmarking.
Robert