I have a DCT that presents the user with 3 fields Start Day, Start month and Start Year. The database that this is being put into has onefield startdate. I am trying to extract the field values and concatenate them in the data deploy perl script but am a little stuck.
the code I am using is:
# Parse the XML in the dcr for the information we want.
use TeamSite:

CRparser;
my
@dcrlines;
open( DCR,"<$dcrpath" );
while () {
push(
@dcrlines, $_);
}
close( DCR );
$dml = join( "",
@dcrlines );
my $parser = TeamSite:

CRparser->new();
my $rootnode = $parser->parse($dml);
$dml = undef;
my $startday = $rootnode->value('Start and End Date.Start Day');
my $startmo = $rootnode->value('Start and End Date.Start Month');
my $startyr = $rootnode->value('Start and End Date.Start Year');
I am getting an error on the extraction. It is telling me that "Can't call method "value" on an undefined value C:\ow-home\.. line 82
Line 82 is the $startday line.
Any suggestions?