Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content with Multiple Branches
System
What is the best practice or how are others sharing managed content between two branches. Example if I have branch A and branch B - and my user types content into a DCT in branch A - but also wants that same content in branch B what does one do.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ottawa_IWOV
Hi Kevin,
I you want content to be moved from one branch to another you can use a replication script. You can set-up a trigger to listen for an event (i.e. Submit), then grab the file that was attached to the Submit and replicate it wherever you want it to go. A working example would template development. As soon as a template file is approved from a development branch, replicate it to all workareas. There is an example of this in the CLT documentation (for W2K 5.5.2). Hopefully this is along the lines of what you are looking for...
There is also the update task option in a workflow. I don't have much experience implementing it, might want to poke around in the workflow forum. I guess your usage of either option would depend on your requirements.
Good luck,
Lucas.
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com