Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
List ALL users
System
I need to set something up to notify all users when the system is going down for maintenance. The client does not want to maintain an email alias of all TeamSite users, and anyway there are different lists for the different servers, etc. Right now we are using .UID files so I can have the process read those to get the list of email addresses. But down the road they will want to use LDAP. I know I can write something to query LDAP directly, but I don't want to maintain my process during the conversion and I am wondering if there is some Interwoven CLT that will give me a list of all of the users in a role regardless of whether I am using LDAP or .UID files. Preferably I would be able to specify no role and it would give me a list of all users (since down the road they may implement more roles and I would not want to have to update my code to query the new roles).
The process will be written in Java so if the functionality is available in OpenAPI I could use that, I just don't know where to look. Of course since OpenAPI usually requires a username and password (or a session ID) I would prefer a CLT.
Thanks in advance,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
You might be able to adapt the Perl code TeamSite::Usertask::get_names_from_file. Despite its name, it first check to see if LDAP is used for user role information. If not, then it reads the .uid file; if so, then it executes the iwgetldapusers CLT. It returns HTML, so you probably don't want to use this method as-is.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Unfortunately the customer has a requirement that I implement as little Perl as possible, but I guess I can use similar logic to what is in the module.
Thanks,
-John
Bowker
Write an app in any language that reads the <iw-home>/conf/roles/*.uid files, builds a distribution list and go from there.
james1
This won't work for configurations that store role membership data in an LDAP directory.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering