Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwatsub
PaulD
Hi
When I use the command "iwat Submit /usr/interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/ibm_handleSubEvent.ipl," the script dumps these IW_ vars (by submitting one file):
=================================================
IW_STORE
IW_MOUNT_PRIVATE
IW_RELBINDIR
IW_HOME
IW_MOUNT
=================================================
and (again submitting one file) when I use "iwatsub /usr/interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/ibm_handleSubEvent.ipl," the script dumps these env vars with values (as documented):
=================================================
IW_EVENTUSER
IW_EVENT
IW_VPATH
IW_EDITOR
IW_IWATPID
IW_TIMESTAMP
IW_WORKAREA
IW_SUBMITID
IW_HOME
IW_EVENTLINE
IW_EVENTROLE
IW_AREA
=================================================
Am I doing something wrong in my usage of 'iwat' so as not to achieve the same results as 'iwatsub'?
Further, is it possible to find out what was submitted using either command trigger? And if deletes are submitted?
thanks in advance!
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
iwatsub passes all information via environment variables.
iwat passes some information on the command line.
Have your script check for information in its command-line arguments.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
PaulD
Thanks! Yea, it looks like the command line args are the parsed fields of the event.log line that generated the event (which is nice, really, as IWOV could have made the developers do this themselves...)
So I guess one question remaining is how do we know what was submitted? Can we use the submit id somehow? Ultimately I'm looking to find the file(s)/dir(s) that were submitted and whether it was a delete or not.
thanks again
Paul
james1
I believe that the iwevents CLT, along with the submit event objid, will give you what you want.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering