Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6 backing store
msrich
What's the migration from W2K TS 5.5.2 to W2K TS 6 like?
Will I have to use some utility to convert data like I did in going from TS 5.0.1 to TS 5.5.2?
Is the structure of the backing store any different? Can I pick up a TS 5.5.2 backing store and put it in place for use on a TS 6 server?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Note:
I have not used 6.0. This all came from one of the consulting manglers that came to town.
6.0 is a front-end release. The server portion of the code had very little changes, it was all on the GUI. That being said I would expect that there would be little to no conversion required from 552 to 6.0
I am certain James, Lissa or Fish will chime in.
Andy
Migrateduser
The upgrade from 5.5.2 to 6.0 is an upgrade install. There is no backing store conversion. If is similar to the upgrade from say 5.5.1 to 5.5.2. I believe previous admin manuals talked about how to do this, copying over the IWOV directories and then doing the upgrade.
Regards,
lissa
MessageTree.jpg
crusader
As a matter of interest, can one go directly from TS5.0.x to TS6.0 i.e. is there a backing-store conversion script from 5.0.x --> 6.0? Or would we need to convert from 5.0.x --> 5.5.2, and then do the upgrade install from 5.5.2 to 6.0?
Thanks
PJ
Migrateduser
The supported upgrade process is 5.0.x to 5.5.2 to convert the backing store, and then to 6.0.
The 5.5.2 to 6.0 process should be pretty straigthforward, it's like an upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.
Regards,
lissa
msrich
What if I want to put a TS 5.5.2 backing store in place on a newly installed TS 6 server? Can I simply copy the entire backing store from TS 5.5.2 and restore to a new TS 6 server?
Frederik
In reply to msrich: i had the same question in another post, and was answered by someone
@Interwoven
:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=22418&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1#Post22418