Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Forum: Use Relevant Subjects In Posts
Gregg Faus
I'm not a forum moderator, but I wanted to point out the usefulness of good subject lines in your posts. Instead of using:
"help"
"error"
"urgent"
"templating"
why not explain in three or more words what it the problem is. Often times, I as well as others don't even bother reading posts with these types of subjects. So do yourself a favor and use a good subject!
Peace out.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Very good point, Gregg. I would venture to guess that probably 75% (I may be giving the benefit of the doubt way too much) of the people who post messages with those types of subject lines are just doing it out of laziness. The rest probably haven't the slightest clue what their problem really is or what it might relate to, and so they have no idea what the subject of their issue is. I think many times people take on (or are forced into) positions where they think they can just pick up and run with this product with little or no training and expect to keep the ship running smoothly. That's just no way to live. Then they go into panic mode when a problem of any magnitude arises and they throw the word URGENT around, not because the problem with TeamSite needs to be fixed in an
urgent
fashion, but more likely if their boss finds out they really don't have any idea how to do the job they just claimed they could do, they will be
urgent
ly looking for work yet again.
Just an observation...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Gregg Faus
Ah yes. Very good observation. I myself wonder if I didn't have the background that I do, how would I just pickup TeamSite and be productive. It incorporates so many different technologies (XML, Perl, Apache, Tomcat, JSP, etc...) that it can often times be a daunting task to piece it all together.
But like you said, laziness is the #1 reason for bad subjects.
- gf
Company 39
nipper
>But like you said, laziness is the #1 reason for bad subjects.
And laziness is the #1 reason for most posts. At least mine. :-)
Migrateduser
Adding to that thought, it's not always the laziness of the developers, but the laziness of the people who documented the product poorly. This thread just wouldn't have been any fun without poking a little fun at Interwoven.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
james1
This thread just wouldn't have been any fun without poking a little fun at Dave.
-- James ;-)
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Ha! How long have you been holding that one in, James?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
laj1
Once again, I object.
I cannot find Dave in any of our rosters.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!