Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Presentation template generates name to save DCR
glkev
I have DCR and a presentation template. When I click the "generate" button, I have to choose presentation template and the path to save the generated page. Is there a way, that when I click the "generate" button on the DCR, it will automatically choose the right presentation template and save the generated file into a specific page. If we can not do both together, can we at least implement to save the generated file into a specific page without user's involvement.
Thanks,
Albert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
One way to achieve this is by using workflows with your template. You could have the command for workflow as tt_data.
But there will be changes in your operation. I mean, the workflow that you invoke with tt_data, gets executed when you *close* the DCR. So instead of clicking on generate, your users will click on "close" button after saving the DCR.
The workflow that you create should have an external task of excuting an IPL file. In this IPL file you can write the code to generate an HTMl by using iwgen CLT.
You could refer to Templating developers guide, TeamSite command line tools and Workflow developers guide for further details.
This method will work for you if you know which presentation template is to be used and what should be the name of the generated html.
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Xpath tester.jpg
glkev
That seems lots of work in setup. I was wonder if I can use formAPI to register the generate event (not sure what exactly the name is) that similar to the save event to call the pre-defined presentation template for page generation.
Albert
Migrateduser
I think you could use one of the onSaveTriggers (not sure which one), then check which button was pressed and if preview use callServer generate the page (or a temporary page), then window.open to open the generated page, then return false. It does seem like some work so please post the code when you're done.