Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
creating a new branch based on previous edition
System
Is this possible? If so, how can i do it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
there is this very cool thing called a manual, you should try to read it once.
check out iwmkbr
Migrateduser
I appreciate the help J/O...
I pulled down an article in the knowledge base refering to renaming the old branch and copying the contents, but it will not let me copy the contents... I did read and research a little... Sorry if I'm not as knowledgeable as you J/O... I'm very new at this and thought that I would get a little help from someone who obviously would know more than me but I didn't expect a J/O answer!!!!!!
nipper
find the TeamSite CLT manual and read the page that talks about iwmkbr
johnjamesmarsh
The abbreviation J/O. Not one I've come across before. Is it some kind of content management short hand that I've missed?
Adam Stoller
If the new branch is a sub-branch of the old-branch - then you can base it on a specific edition of the old-branch when creating it.
If the new branch is a sibling (or even less-related) branch to the old-branch, you can create the new branch with the INITIAL edition, and then do a File > Copy To Area (or iwupdate) from the staging area or an edition of the old-branch to a workarea on the new-branch, and then submit and publish the content on the new-branch to set its baseline.
Does that help?
--fish
Strolling Prime Minister of no fixed address
Migrateduser
What the **** is J/O? Doesn't matter. The main point is, trying to learn the basics of TeamSite through DevNet is a very non-productive way to learn TeamSite. Many have tried, but few have done it. Consider taking some training. If you try to learn the application by bits and pieces of information here and theer, you will not enjoy it.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Oh....and please fill out your profile. For all we know you work for some shady recruiter.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
If I had to guess, J/O would have something to do with someone who works at an ice cream parlour, or dried meats, and a toggle switch that isn't in the "on" position - of course I could be wrong....
--fish
Strolling Prime Minister of no fixed address