Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy 101
agoldschmidt
Trying to configure DataDeploy 5.6 and I'm not having much luck. TeamSite 5.5.2 with Templating is setup and working (Win2K). I've got an Oracle db ready. What are my next steps? My ultimate goal is to setup DAS for use with MetaTagger. I thought I could use the DD GUI to automatically setup the config files, but it doesn't seem to be that easy. If someone could post a simple sequence of steps and files needing modification, I would much appreciate it.
Allen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall going through a few of these problems recently when setting up DAS for metadata deployments - and I imagine it might be the same with other deployments as well.
Go through the manual slowly and carefully (they're working on improving it already) - I believe there are some configuration files that you need to make sure exist even if you do go through the GUI to enable the DAS service.
Look at all the files in the config (or is it conf?) directory - there will be a whole bunch of *.example files. Some of them hopefully have corresponding files without the ".example" extension already, but some probably do not. Make sure you have a daemon.cfg file (the instructions for this are somewhat misleading - it says you don't have to configure it - but you *do* have to have it - just copy the daemon.cfg.example to daemon.cfg) - also make sure you have a filled-out database.xml file.
Beyond that, you'll have to look at the rest of them - some you'll need, some you won't.
Also - are you using the Event Subsystem? If so - you can enable it through the GUI, but you'll still have to run *both* 'iwreset' and 'iwreset -ui' afterwards.
Hopefully some of the above will help get you moving along. If you're still having problems - try posting a list of the files you have configured and the steps you've gone through - and hopefully someone with more experience can help point you further along the right direction.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
What version of MT are you using?
To generate the DD config file you need to first generate the dbschema.cfg file which is a mapping of your metadata datacapture.cfg to database tables. you can run the clt iwsyncdb.ipl -mdcdbschemagen
and iwsyncdb.ipl -mdcddgen or just run iwsyncdb.ipl -initial <vpath> teamsite/metadata. Make sure you have the metadata datacapture.cfg file in iw-home/local/config. Also make sure you have mdc_ddcfg_uds.template in ddhome/conf directory. Setup your db params in database.xml and reference them from your dd.cfg files.