Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Category
System
Hi,
When i created new datatype/Category in Teamsite . We have to update templating.cfg .
Is it possible to do this through GUI.
Is it good idea to do that ?
If any body has any code pls. post it.
Thanx in Advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MattP
there is no gui for templating.cfg. However it can be made into a templated file pretty easily.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
SAMPLEBLOCK.txt
Migrateduser
Thanx for your reply.
Actually Business user wants interface to add category/datatype to templating.cfg.
Actually right now there creating new category/datatype.Later Teamside admin updating the templating.cfg.
So they don't want to contact typadmn for that. They need some interface to update templating.cfg ?
Anyway once again thx for your reply
nipper
I remember the early versions of the Dreamweaver DCT generator was going to have this functionality. I have not seen it since July of last year so I do not know if it does. But you can check it out from Interwoven.
Andy
MattP
right. You can create a template that a business user interfaces with and can add replicats of categories and data types to the templating.cfg file. The template is the GUI. You can use opendeploy to update the file (I think there is a more direct way as well).
Personally, I think having the template for admins is good, but I wouldn't give a business user that kind of access. Up to you.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Migrateduser
Thanx for your suggestion.