Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflows fail for author only
nipper
Something is wrong here.
I have mutliple WFs defined. If I log in as an author (though I have master ability) they work great.
If I remove my login from the editor, admin, & master role files, and run a WF I get :
Invalid WOrkflow
Job XXXX does not exist
Error 02439 Operation not permitted
Error User Andy cannot submit files in workarea /default/.../andy/ in task submit
Error 02439 Operation not permitted
Anyone see this before ? I could not see anything the in tech digest like this.
I have tried several workflows so I did not attach the WFs, one was the default author submit (modified), TS 5.5.2 on SOlaris 2.8
Tips/pointers/RTFMs apreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
I think this is because Author cannot actually submit files. If you change the owner of the Submit Task to iwadmin or someone with higher roles then it should work.
I am sure someone else will give you the correct reasons for this but if you try the above I think it should work.
Good luck
Jeremy
nipper
Bingo
I updated the submit task owner to tsadm & it worked Thanks
mogoo
Just as a side note... there was a quite lengthy discussion on roles a while back somewhere around here, and I remember it stated that even if you're logged in as Author, in some cases TS will acknowledge your Master status -- this must be one of those cases. That would explain why you could submit as Author, until you removed yourself from the Editor and higher role files...
maureen
syzack
can you plz tell me where i have to go and make the change, i mean the location or file to change the submit tast to iwadmin
nipper
THis is defined in the WFT file itself.
If you edit the WFT. you can search for the submittask and change the XML to a user with editor+ permissions.
look in $iw-home/local/config/wft/ for the WFT
Then sign up for a WF class
Andy
Migrateduser
Just a note that there are 2 cyberschool courses on WF availalble - check this link -
http://www.interwoven.com/services/training/cyberschool/
these classes:
Workflow Configuration Files
Configuring TeamSite Solutions Workflows
good luck.
lissa