Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
open xml file from UNIX in Teamsite
tomboy99
I have created several xml files using XML Spy and notepad and saved in UNIX.
We have this Teamsite 5.0 running on UNIX. My question was If i create a XML file outside of Teamsite environment , can you open it up in Teamsite ?
If so , how and what changes do it need to make to teamsite ?
any properties or config changes ?
Thanks very much for you help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You're talking about having the XML file viewed as raw XML - or something else?
If you're talking about being able to Edit or View the file, you need to make sure you have LaunchPad configured to bring up your editor of choice for .xml files (check the documentation for more details).
If you're talking about something else - please try to be more explicit.
(also you should consider upgrading to 5.5.2)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
tomboy99
Here is the clarification :
In our environmnet , Teamsite is all configured to develop Templates. However there is a situation wherein we have to integrate set of XML files coming out of java application as templates in Teamsite environmnet so that those XML files open up properly in Teamsite environment without errors.
I do not want to use Teamsite for developing all the templates , I will be using XML Spy to develop my own templates, in some cases.
Let's say I develop XML templates using XML spy or some other tool. I was wondering if I could open up the Teamsite environment, pull up my XML file and edit the xml file which I previously developed in notepad.
First of all can this be done ? If so , do i need to make any other changes ?
Adam Stoller
Please read the TeamSite User's Guide (around p. 18) and see if that helps answer your questions. As far as I can tell - unless you are trying to have these XML files treated as-if they were TeamSite Templates (which it doesn't sound like you want to do) - then all you want to make sure of is that LaunchPad is configured to correctly handle your XML files with the application of your choice (for editing / viewing)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)