Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy Return Code
System
Hi we are using Opendeploy 5.5.1 on Solaris. When i run iwodstart , even if there was a deployment error , Opendeploy says "Status:Completed" and exits with RC 0. How can i find the actual return code? I'm not sure which SP i'm using.Is there any way i can check that?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
For Service Packs, you can look at (if you're on a TeamSite Server) IWHOME/../IWOV_Upgrades/ - and in there you should see folders specific to OpenDeploy that provide an indication of which SP level you're at, however, if you do an iwodstart -v, you'll get a build number, and some of us might be able to tell by looking at that.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
TableInTable.PNG
Migrateduser
We are on service pack 2.0. Is this a bug in Opendeploy 5.5.1 SP2 on Solaris to return a RC 0 even if deployment did not occur? How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks.
output.pdf
pagein_repeater.dcpackage
Migrateduser
Are you running iwodstart with the -async flag? In that case the command returns right after the deployment starts without waiting for it to finish, and 0 means the deployment started ok.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I am not using -async flag. But I am passing some other parameters with -k.... Even i tried running the iwodstart command from the prompt. It returned the status:completed message though the deployment did not occur.
Thanks
Migrateduser
When you say the deployment did not occur, do you mean it didn't run or that files didn't get deployed? It is possible for a deployment to run and no files to get deployed, as in a dir-diff where source and target are in the same state.
Try running some simple tests:
iwodstart test --> should return a 0
iwodstart some_invalid_name --> should return a 1
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
When I gave the wrong Workarea as a parameter to the deployment it says Status:Completed. I gave the correct deployment name. I wanted to check the exit code. So I gave a non-existent Workarea as a parameter. It returned Success with RC 0. In the Opendeploy Log file it says "Unable to lstat /default/main/blah/blahblah/...WORKAREA/xyz/xyz.html".
Thanks.
Migrateduser
Sounds like you are running a non-transactional deployment.
In OD 5.5.1 and earlier releases, a non-transactional deployment will give 0 if the job completed, even if some files didn't deploy. A transactional deployment should return a failure status.
In OD 5.6, there's a new return code (9) that indicates "completed with errors" when a non-transactional job completes but some files don't deploy.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I did try the transactional deployment. Even that returned me the same RC 0.
Migrateduser
Are you seeing RC 0 for transactional dir-diff deployments that fail? Or only for file list deployments?
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I've trie this only with filelist deployments.
Migrateduser
There may be a bug. Please file a case with Tech Support.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com