Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
editor not able to perform task
kellyrmilligan
I am just starting out on workflow, and am looking at a workflow that someone else did that is not here anymore. for some reason, I can only perform operations as iwadmin on most of the job, except a group task, where I can take ownership of it as a regular user, but after that I get a big N/A under task operation. my question is, what dictates who can do what in a workflow?
Kelly
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Various things come into play - such as the filesystem level access to the workarea in question, the filesystem level access to the files and/or directories involved in the task, the role of the user (in the case of things like submittasks - where the user must be able to login with a role of Editor or higher)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
kellyrmilligan
should I just open up access more on all directories under the workarea?
Kelly
Sunil Mugalavally
May be the Grouptask in the workflow has the Readonly attribute set to 't" (readonly="t")
-Sunil
kellyrmilligan
nope, it is set to readonly = "f", so I am not sure what is going on.
Kelly
mogoo
Who is set as the owner of the task that's AFTER the grouptask? That's where you're getting the N/A... not in the grouptask, but in whatever comes next. For that matter, who owns each individual task can help dictate who will be able to do what in a workflow.
maureen
kellyrmilligan
I want whoever takes ownership of the group task to do the next task, which is submitting the files to staging. they take ownership, look at the files in the workflow, and then approve them to go to staging. do I need to get the owner of the group task and put it as the owner of the next task, which is submit?
Kelly
kellyrmilligan
I also beleive I am having trouble with editors not being able to do tasks, all the editor can do right now is take ownership of the group task.
Here's my flow:
]]>
</template_script>
<workflow name = "MedicalPolicyApproval" owner = "__INSERT__($uIWADmin);" creator = "__INSERT__($uContributor);" description = "workflow for Medical Policies">
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "Email_Eso" owner = "__INSERT__($uIWADmin);" retry = "t" start = "t" description = "Group Notification">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/Med_Policies/WORKAREA/Policies"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "review_Files">
<succ v = "ESO_Approval"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = "/usr/iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl"/>
__INSERT__($iw_selected_files);
<variables>
<variable key = "mail_to" value = "kelly_milligan@bcbsil.com"/>
<variable key = "mail_from" value = "destructor@daemon.com"/>
<variable key = "mail_subject" value = "Teamsite Notification"/>
<variable key = "mail_message" value = "This is the gatekeeper. You are the keymaster. log in to
http://contentmgt.cal.fyiblue.com"/>
<variable key = "mail_url" value = "1"/>
<variable key = "mail_html" value = "1"/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
<grouptask lock = "f" name = "ESO_Approval" start = "f" readonly = "f" description = "approve these files" retainowner = "f">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/Med_Policies/WORKAREA/Policies"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "submit_files">
<succ v = "Generate_Files"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<sharedby>
<group v = "__INSERT__($uESOGroup);"/>
</sharedby>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "Email_Eso"/>
</or>
</activation>
</grouptask>
<!-- ============================================================ -->
<!-- ================= Generate Files for DCRs ================= -->
<externaltask name = "Generate_Files"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
retry = "t"
description = "Generate files from DCRs.">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/Med_Policies/WORKAREA/Policies"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Send off for Review">
<succ v = "submit_files"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = '__INSERT__("$iwhome/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iwhome/custom/bin/generate_files_external_task.ipl");' />
</externaltask>
<submittask name = "submit_files" owner = "__TAG__('iw_user');" start = "f" unlock = "t" override = "t" skiplocked = "t" description = "submit files" savecomments = "t" skipconflicts = "t">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/Med_Policies/WORKAREA/Policies"/>
<successorset description = "theend">
<succ v = "EndTask"/>
</successorset>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "Generate_Files"/>
</or>
</activation>
</submittask>
<endtask name = "EndTask" description = "the end">
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "submit_files"/>
</or>
</activation>
</endtask>
</workflow>
Migrateduser
If you want whoever takes ownership of the grouptask to own any tasks after that, you have to stick an externaltask in there to reassign the owner of the subsequent tasks that you want to do that for. As it is, your tasks following the grouptask are hardcoded to be owned by whoever created the job.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
mogoo
Smitty's right. There are already threads out there that help explain how to do this, here's a couple...
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=5678&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post5678
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Number=8519&Search=true&Forum=DOWNLOADS_WORKFLOWS&Words=ownership&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=8519
24735.pdf
Adam Stoller
There seem to be two potential issues here:
1) the owner of the grouptask cannot do anything other than transition
2) the owner of tasks following the grouptask is not the same as the person who took ownership of the grouptask.
Which issue are you having problems with? If (1) I think I just responded to another thread of yours - check there. If (2) I think it has already been responded to here - yes?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
kellyrmilligan
Actually the problem now is that the person in the group, as an editor, can take ownership, but after they select take ownership they can't do anything else. I tested it out with someone else, and noticed that when they logged in as an editor, they were able to. The difference between my editor id and there's is that they are also part of admin and master groups, where my id is not. I think I saw a post about this somewhere...any ideas?
Adam Stoller
Is your editor uid in the group for sharing for the workarea?
Does your editor uid have access to create/modify files in the workarea when going through the TeamSite GUI?
Are you on Windows or Unix?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
kellyrmilligan
Is your editor uid in the group for sharing for the workarea?
yes, it is in the group and as a user in the shared by. I have tried various combinations of this, and it seems as though only people that also belong to admin can do this task.
Does your editor uid have access to create/modify files in the workarea when going through the TeamSite GUI?
yes.
Are you on Windows or Unix?
Solaris(unix)