Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using metatagger to scan content
bikerider
Has anyone used metatagger to scan content submitted via the web for inappropriate content, such as profanity and political correctness? The requirements would be:
Once I run a batch of files (pdf, html, doc) through a recognizer, how can I then push a notification to the user that there is content with suspect text?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
This is a great idea!
(and one I will use when talking to customers, I'll make sure to give you credit..)
Off the top of my head, there are a few things you need to do.
1) Analyze existing content for inapppropriate terms. After creating the list of terms as a MT vocabulary, you'll probably want to batch process all of your existing content. I would write a script (Perl would probably do well here) that runs iwgenmetadata and identifies content that contains terms in the vocabulary. You could then either create a filelist of content with inappropriate terms or perhaps even automatically create review workflows.
2) For ongoing content submissions, you'll want to run iwgenmetadata as part of the approval workflow (<external task>) and automatically reject content that contains a term in the vocabulary.
This same concept could be applied in many different ways. For example, you could use this technique as a link checking device.... have MetaTagger extract URLs from content and have a script verify the URLs actually exist.
--
Tom Wentworth
Sales Engineer
Interwoven
nipper
>This same concept could be applied in many different ways. For example, you could use this technique as a link checking
>device.... have MetaTagger extract URLs from content and have a script verify the URLs actually exist.
I did something similar about a year ago, used MT to build up a dependancy list. Look for hrefs, includes, etc and attach the file name as an EA to the internal references. Then it was trivial to build an impact analysis report.
bikerider
Tom,
Thanks for the input. Your idea of starting a review workflow is actually very good. I'll run that by my users
during the design process.
The content to be scanned comes from educators and students. We want to identify any inappropriate content
that a malicious 14 yr old might try to post. Our wonderful customers are very smart, but sometimes even good
children make bad choices.
Too bad MT doesn't scan pictures ;-)
Thanks,
Bruce