Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Refreshing
Maninder_IBM
Has anyone ever seen this happen?
You log into webdesk and all you get is the top menu and nothing (where all the content areas and templatedata is kept) underneath. It keeps trying to refresh continuously.
As you see I have had a right week with TeamSite!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
parsan99
I have seen this happen when there was a syntax error in the custom menu item we added to the iw.cfg file. If I remember correctly we missed a double quote in the line which defines the menu item. Fixing that cured the problem for us.
Maninder_IBM
Did this happen for all users?
parsan99
Yes.. This happened to anyone using webdesk.But Webdesk-Pro was working fine for everyone.
Maninder_IBM
You sure it was that way around? Web desk pro being the graphical user interface right?
nipper
The time I have see this:
Only in webdesk, user selected View Modified or View My Modified (which is persistant, so if you log off & on, still going there)
Esp bad when you di a new import & there are serveral thousand modified files.
Quick test, from webdeskpro do a list modified, if there are
a bunch, that is the problem.
You can let it complete or remove the state info with iwuser (that is for experienced admins)
Andy
Maninder_IBM
hmmm well we have loads of modified files.. currently a problems for us cos it takes ages to bring up the list of modified files. As I am working on reducing the list of modified files it will be worth seeing if this solves this problem too.
What so you mean by remove the state info?
nipper
check out iwuser, you can hack with the entity DB, leaving the user in but removing what they are looking at. Not for the faint of heart as you can shoot yourself in the foot pretty easily but it can be done.
Maninder_IBM
I'll think I'll leave that one!
nipper
then when the webdesk comes back try to get it to view all files. Sat for 30 minutes just after an import. Royal pain in the a$$.