I'm trying to simply create a new tab in my CCP UI using a JSP. I decided to start with what's already there rather than add anything new to the mix just yet - mainly so I can get my bearing straight on the sequence of events that leads to a new tab showing up properly on the UI. I picked the Show Current User tab that shows up if I follow the instructions to add the "customer_samples" stuff into the UI by modifying the toolkits.xml file to add in the customer_samples stuff. That ends up adding 3 new tabs successfully to my CCP UI. What I decided to do is take the customer_samples stuff back out and add only the ShowCurrentUser tab into the "customer" path. Here's what I did:
1) I created a
/com/corp/custom path in my
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/src path and copied the
CurrentUserServlet.java and the
strings.properties files into that directory from the equivalent path in customer_samples_src. I did not modify these files.
***Added to post***
1A) I forgot to mention this part: I copied
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_samples_src/web/customer_samples/current_user.jsp to
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/web/customer/current_user.jsp. I did not modify this file.
***End of Added to post***
2)I modified my
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer/WEB-INF/conf/customer/ui_custom.xml to be this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
ui_custom.xml
All customizations to the ContentCenter UI should go here.
Refer to README_xml_config.txt for details about how to add XML elements to this file.
-->
<iwov-ui>
<!-- CC Pro: Add custom tabs -->
<tabset id="iw.ccpro.common.tabset">
<!-- Add a "Current User" tab -->
<tab id="customer.customer_samples.tab_workflow_custom.user.link"
label="custom.tab.current_user.title"
url="/showcurrentuser"
useDefaultShowTabUrl="true"
target="_top" />
</tabset>
</iwov-ui>
3) I modified the
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer/WEB-INF/web.xml file to be:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>authentication</filter-name>
<servlet-name>CurrentUserServlet</servlet-name>
</filter-mapping>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>CurrentUserServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.corp.custom.CurrentUserServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>CurrentUserServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/showcurrentuser</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
4)I then ran
sudo /interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/make.sh and it created
/interwoven/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer/WEB-INF/lib/customer.jar5) I then ran
sudo ./install_webapps.ipl -i -fEverything seemed to execute properly, but when I log into CCP, it doesn't create the new tab properly - I've attached a screen shot of the page. Any ideas what I'm missing?
Dave SmithSr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Edited by Smitty77 on 10/31/03 12:06 PM (server time).