Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
limiting user new jobs
bradp
Hello,
I trying to limit the templates that users for a specific branch
see in the dialog when they select File->New Job. There are
several other templates listed, and they all show up, along with the one I created for the branch that I'm in. Is there
anyway to do this, short of adding the branch list tag for the other templates ? Currently, only the new branch that I added has the branch list specified.
Brad Pridgeon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi Brad,
If you have a look at the docs you will see a section about available_templates.cfg which would be of relevance here.
Basically you can specify whether a template will be available for a particular branch.
<branch_list>
<branch include="no" value="/default/main/branch1">
</branch>
<branch include="yes" value="/default/main/branch2">
</branch>
<branch include="yes" value="/default/main/branch3">
</branch>
</branch_list>
From this you can specify where a template would get shown.
Hope this helps or leads you onto the right path.
Jeremy
bradp
Jeremy,
I had looked at this, and from what it looks like, for every template that I don't want to show up in the New Jobs list for my new branch, I will have to add my new branch in a branch_list element, with includes = "no".
Does this sound correct ? I was hoping to only have to do this in one place in the file.
Brad Pridgeon
Jeremy
Hi Brad,
I think you may be right unfortunately. Seems that might be the only option. Although I do see you could try something like
<branch_list>
<branch value="all"include ="no"/>
<branch include="yes" value="/default/main/branch1"/>
</branch_list>
That should only make that workflow availble in branch1 and all the rest should not show up.
Not sure if that would help you.
Jeremy
bradp
Jeremy,
I tried that, and the other templates still showed up. I guess I will have to add the branch_list to the other templates. Thanks for the suggestions.
Brad Pridgeon
Maninder_IBM
You do have to add it to the other templates too. We currently have several workflows available to users from here and we make use of the branch availability and roles, i.e. only making certain workflows available to certain roles.
Problem.. Sometimes this new job template takes for ever (sometimes more than 3-4 mins) when selected of the file, new job menu.
Anyone seen this before of having similar problems?