TS 5.5.2 Win2K
I am running an externaltask from a workflow that invokes a Perl program. In the Perl code I call iwpt_compile:
$cmd = "$IWHOME\\bin\\iwpt_compile.ipl -pt \"$tpl\" -iw_pt-dcr \"$IWMOUNT$mArea\\$dcr\" -iw_include-location \"$IWMOUNT$mArea\" -ofile \"$IWMOUNT$mArea\\$webFile\" -iw_pt-arg pageId=\"$digest\" printPageName=\"$printFile\"";
(When this executes it is resolved as

\iw-home\TeamSite\bin\iwpt_compile.ipl -pt "Y:\default\main\Canada_Wealth_en\WORKAREA\development_wa\templatedata\user_forms\wrapper\presentation\form_wrapper.tpl" -iw_pt-dcr "Y:\default\main\Canada_Wealth_en\WORKAREA\development_wa\templatedata\user_forms\wrapper\data\LJC Email Form.dcr" -iw_include-location "Y:\default\main\Canada_Wealth_en\WORKAREA\development_wa" -ofile "Y:\default\main\Canada_Wealth_en\WORKAREA\development_wa\LJC Email Form.asp" -iw_pt-arg pageId="" printPageName="LJC Email Form_p.asp")
I pass 2 arguments using the iw_pt-arg modifier 'pageID' and 'printPageName' . This code works if 'pageID' has a value. However, if the value of 'pageID ' is a zero length string (i.e. ""), when I access the value in the tpl it is not a zero length string. Instead, it is the name of the next iw_pt-arg. In my case, 'printPageName'. I imagine either I have a syntax problem or Interwoven converts the arguments in an unexpected way. Is it ok to have a blank argument as the first iw_pt-arg?