Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Rules Engine "remove" action Problem
System
I cannot get the remove action for the Rules Engine to work correctly. The remove action behaves like the add action. I am just doing a simple test using MT 3.5.1 on Windows 2000. I don't get any errors, it just does not remove the item from the facet that I designate. Attached is the ruleset configuration file I am using. Is there something wrong with it? Please Help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unfortunately there is a bug with the rules engine and it currently cannot remove metadata. However, you can write a small perl script that will get the metadata record for a given file, replace and add the UIDs that you have in your ruleset, then reset the metadata using the revised metadata record. The easiest way to do this would be by exec'ing "iwmetadata" ($metadataRecord = `iwmetadata -get $file`
, then searching for the UID you want to replace, substituting the new UID and adding in the additional one. Save this to a new file $modifiedMetadata, and then reset the metadata by using iwmetadata again as follows `iwmetadata -set $modifiedMetadata $file`; .
Lisa