Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sub directories in presentation directory
supergana
I am using iwgen for generating htmls using some specific system tpls. For this I'm trying to have a separate directory called system in presentation directory and have my system tpls there - so that content authors can ignore anything in that directory. When I try to preview it in teamsite it works just fine, but when I try to use iwgen on some tpl that is not directly under presentation directory it gives the following error:
"does not have a configured filename extension"
I have the necessary entries in templating.cfg. Is there anything I'm doing wrong.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
herald10
Can you please post your templating.cfg
supergana
This is how my templating.cfg for that section looks:
############ start##################
<data-type name="awards" dcr-type="iwov">
<presentation>
<template name="awards_recognition_view.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex="tinews" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="awards_recognition_index.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex="tinews" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="system/system_awards_recognition_body.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex="tinews" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="system/system_awards_recognition_related_links.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex="tinews" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
############end###################
herald10
I am sorry I was trying to ask you to post your iwgen command to generate the html files.
supergana
The command that I use from command prompt:
/opt/iw-home/bin/iwgen -t /default/main/comm/WORKAREA/user/templatedata/int/awards/presentation/system/system_awards_recognition_body.tpl -r /default/main/comm/WORKAREA/user/templatedata/int/awards/data/a28 /default/main/comm/WORKAREA/user/system_htmls/awards/body/a28_test_body.html
herald10
You are trying to generate the html file under "comm" branch but the template is defined only for "tinews" branch in the templating.cfg. use ".*" instead of "tinews" in templating.cfg
Thats probably something you might want to check....
Migrateduser
Do you have the option of using iwpt_compile.ipl instead of iwgen? iwpt_compile ignores the rules in templating.cfg. If you use iwpt_compile, if you want the file to have templating attributes (so if you edit it brings up the DCR instead of downloading) you have to set them yourself.
Note that if you have pages that are generated with TPLs that are not configured correctly in templating.cfg, if your users edit those files, when they go to regenerate the page, the TPL to use for regeneration will not show in the list. So I am not sure there is a good way to make TPLs not visible using templating.cfg. I mark these files that are generated by system TPLs as readonly, then the process that calls iwpt_compile.ipl unsets and resets this attribute (so the user gets permission denied if they try to edit one).
StreamOUT-withScripts.png
StreamIN-ScriptBefore.jpg
supergana
Herald,
That was a mistake and I had copy/pasted a wrong version of the templating.cfg.
John's suggestion of using iwpt_compile works for me as I don't anticipate users to edit the files that are generated. If there is a change in the DCR, I have an external task in the workflow that will re-generate them. I did not clearly understand the permission setting that you had mentioned. Can you elaborate on that please.
Thanks in advance!