Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
setting task comment.
Annad
Hi,
I am trying to add comments to a task in a workflow with line breaks. I am setting the comments with iwsettaskfilecomment but when I put in the HTML tag </br> it does not interpret it as a line break on the browser. It actually prints </br> as part of the comment. I've tried using the entity names and the charrefs (< and #&62; for < and >). All of them are interpreted as < and > in the source code.
Any ideas on how to get the actual characters (< and >) into the source code so that it would be interpreted as a line break?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Are you running this out of a perl script? If so, then what we have done in the past is just add a "\n" inside of the string where we wanted a break. This should work if runnign out of a unix shell script as well.
Annad
Yes I am running this in a perl script. I've already tried putting in a "\n" in the comments where I wanted the breaks. It did not work.
It makes sense, because the comments are built into an HTML page eventually and "\n" is not an HTML tag. Only </br> would do.
I know for sure that the </br> would work, I've tried this by modifying the source code of the comment page(took the source code and modified it to have </br>).
So my problem is that when I put in </br> in the comments, it displays it as </br> which the browser interpret as </br> and displays it as part of the comment.
I don't understand why, it would not interpret it as an HTML break tag.
rwinterpacht
Dumb question, but have you tried outputting "<br/>" instead of "</br>"?
Thanks,
Raf Winterpacht
Annad
Yes, I have.
The real problem is not that it doesn't put a break with </br>.
The problem is that when in my perl script, when I add the </br>, it is saved as </br> and not as </br>. When I changed the source code with </br> the break is inserted in the comment.
Adam Stoller
First off </br> is incorrect syntax - it would only make sense if you did something like <br></br> - as was mentioned previously - the correct XHTML syntax is <br/>.
Second - all such markups *have* to be converted when embedded within the workflows XML - or else you need to put in explicit CDATA tags (kind of ugly): <![CDATA[<br/>] -- even that might not work.
Where, exactly, is this *not* showing up correctly? In the TeamSite Task list / To Do List? Somewhere else?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com