Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reverse Deployment
System
I am currently running OpenDeploy5.5.1/sp2 and TeamSite 5.0.1/sp2 on Solaris 8.
We have a new branch whose content exists on our production servers, and they want to move the content to TeamSite. I have created the branch already. Is there a "best practice" for reverse deployment? I've not done one before.
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Reverse deploymens in OD 5.x are pretty easy - and I believe reasonably well covered in the manual.
Have you looked at the manual?
Is there something specific you don't understand or that doesn't seem to be working for you?
Can you post the deployment configuration file you are trying to use - along with the odbase.xml of your BaseServer and odrcvr.xml of your Receiver - all as a tar-or-zip'd attachment?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
One note of caution is that prior to OD 5.6 SP1, the Base Server and Receiver must be at the same version. (Using different versions may work, but isn't supported.)
As of OD 5.6 SP1, however, you can initiate a reverse deploy using the 5.6 Base Server talking to a 5.5.1 or 5.0.1 Receiver.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Thankfully we have the same version on base and receivers. We had some issues before with incompatible versions. But, I haven't had a chance to really look at 5.6, and this is good information to know, thank you.
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
Something isn't working - and I'm sure it is some small thing that I am missing *grumble*.
I've attached my reversedeploy config, as well as the odbase and odrcvr. I can't tell what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Carol
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
Are you getting an error, or are things just not deploying?
You may want to take a look at the Sample_Reverse.xml deployment config that's provided with OpenDeploy.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I get:
Error reading log: MICRO_AUDIT_LOG.
And that is the only thing in there.
The macro log audit has more information - but it still doesn't help me.
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 -----------------------------------------------------------
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 End of deployment config file[/interwoven/iw-home/opendeploy5.5.1/OpenDeployNG/conf/gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.xml]
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Down revision OpenDeploy home directory is null
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Simulate flag = true
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Synchronous flag = false
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Start perform internal conversion for: /interwoven/iw-home/opendeploy5.5.1/OpenDeployNG/conf/gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.xml
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Finished conversion for: /interwoven/iw-home/opendeploy5.5.1/OpenDeployNG/conf/gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.xml
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Next deployment flag for internet 01c is false
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Internal deployment name is .gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.gelighting_reverse_deploy.internet 01c
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Got internal config file for .gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.gelighting_reverse_deploy.internet 01c
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Starting internal deployment internet 01c.gelighting_reverse_deploy, Thread-1058
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Waiting for 1 children to complete phases
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 All 1 children failed
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 EXITING [setup] ENTERING [cleanup]
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 EXITING [cleanup] ENTERING [task-failed]
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Signalling completion to MacroDeploy
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 All 1 children completed their phases
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Completed session queue capacity reached. Removed oldest session
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 Job ID=m53 Deployment=gelightingsystemsreversedeploy Elapsed Time=574 ms <<<
ENG: 2003-11-10 10:31:40 EST GMT-05:00 End logfile [/interwoven/iw-home/opendeploy5.5.1/OpenDeployNG/log/src.gelightingsystemsreversedeploy.log]
Any help would be appreciated
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
I noticed you have Internet01c as the reverse source host, but it does not appear in odbase.xml as an allowed host.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Thanks - I don't know how I missed that. I changed it to the proper host. But I still get an error that it can't read the microlog.
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
To isolate the problem, maybe try setting up the Sample_Reverse example on a standalone Base Server machine. If that works, then expand the example to reverse deploy from a remote Receiver.
Or open a case with Tech Support to see whether they can recreate the problem.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
After you made the change to the server configuration file - did you remember to stop/start the server? Just changing the configuration file doesn't put into effect those changes.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I hadn't stopped the server, but I did end up doing a reset from the Admin GUI. Will that work? Or do I have to do a full iw.local/iwod/iwtcboot/iw.server stop and start?
Also - just so I have it correct - the reverseSource would be what is normally my target server, and the reverseTarget is my base server. Right?
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
Reset should be sufficient.
And yes, the reverseSource would be what is normally your target server, and the reverseTarget is your base server (initiator of the deployment).
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I haven't had a chance to do this or many other of the suggestions on this issue. It's been bumped down a bit because of other issues that have come up. I do appreciate all the help however.
Carol
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.