Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
comparison time
swong74
I have a deployment config which initially I thought was taking a long time because it had date-diff, do-deletes, setAccess and transactional. But I've reduced to just setAccess but for 644M folder structure, it's taking 4 minutes without deploying anything and 7-8 minutes to deploy giving me a throughput of 3Kb/s. That's quite a slow deployment. I know the NICs are 100MBps. What might be going on? My deployments to other systems are averaging 80Kb/s.
I checked the directory structure ... looks like 3 folders from area-root, then one is 3 sub dirs deep ... nothing major.
I've put off deploying a more complex deployment which has country-specific directories and probably 3-4 sub dirs deep until I figure what's going on with this cluster. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Ciao ?:-)
S. Wong
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of OD (include SPs - and any distinction between the version running on the BaseServer vs. the Receiver)?
What platform(s) / OS ?
I'm not sure I'm following your math.
A folder structure that all-told contains 644 Mb of content?
Being deployed within 7-12 minutes (with/without comparison time thrown in)?
Maybe I'm doing something real silly here, but:
(
644
* 1024) / (
12
* 60) => 659456 / 720 =>
916 Kbs
not
3 kbs
Granted - that's a pretty far cry from 100 Mbs (even if you only use the 7 minute deployment time
=> 1.6 Mbs
) it still seems a bit slow.
Unfortunately, OD does not truly distinguish data transfer time from overhead time.
If you disable the deployment reporting db mechanism and manifest file generation, you'll probably see an overall improvement [reduction] in the amount of time it takes to deploy all those files - and that should be much closer to a true data transfer rate.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com