Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI callServer : one at a time?
System
If my DCT has two callServer calls that run when the form is loaded, it seems like the JavaScript returned by the first one is not executed - only the javascript returned by the second is executed. If I comment out the second callServer then the JavaScript returned by the first one is executed. Is this a known issue? Is there any way to enable multiple simultaneous callServer invocations?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
From
http://<your_ts_server_name>/iw/help/tst/formapi/formapi_21.html#SEC21
This illustrates an important point about the callServer() method: only one call can be active at a time.
Subsequent calls to callServer() will cancel any previous calls.
Based on that, I would say the answer is no...Although you might approach it by having the javascript returned by the first contain code to execute the seconde. Thus, you would "serialize" the two calls.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
I need to have the two calls be independant because in addition to onload they can be activated by callouts, triggers etc. when I wouldn't want to execute both. Rather than passing a parameter or something to tell the first whether to activate the second I think I'll just use setTimeout with a long delay to execute the second - since the data fields are not on the first page of the template the user shouldn't notice the delay.
Will they be serializable in a future release? This seems like a bug.