Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow - Dynamic approvers
Saji
I have a requirement which requires three level of approval process. Also the first approver group can change the second level approver if they feel if it is required. Is it possible this kind of requirement in Team site work flow. If possible please send if a sample code if available.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
That will be difficult. It would take subtasks and a non-trivial amount of scripting.
If you want the original contributor to decide, that is not too tough, but once the WF is instanciated, dynamically adding reviews takes nested workflows.
My advice is change the requirements, or learn perl and take the WF course.
You could offer John, Smiitty, Ghoti or I (an others) $100 an hour & we could generate some code for you. :-)
Andy
Migrateduser
It might be possible if you set your successors up properly. Say at the first level of approval they could choose to
Approve & Deploy
or pass it on to the next approver
Get Level 2 Approval
and repeat that same process at the second level approval task. If you need to change the name of an approver, that's easy enough. Changing the group shared in a grouptask - not sure if you can do that on the fly.
I can definitely be bought for $100/hour...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
If there is only one user per task (because CGItask only supports one user) you can have a CGItask that lets the first approver select the next approver, then use iwrmtaskuser and iwaddtaskuser to adjust the next task. Use job or task variables to mark which tasks need to be adjusted because the only other way to find them is iwgettaskbyname or whatever and sometimes users can change task names. If the tasks are shared to multiple users or groups I think you could do something with a custom menu item or CCI link instead of a CGItask to gather and apply the user information.
I will do all this for you for the trivial cost of my 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 certifications and developer license.
nipper
>It might be possible if you set your successors up properly.
>Say at the first level of approval they could choose to
>Approve & Deploy or pass it on to the next approver Get
>Level 2 Approval and repeat that same process at the
>second level approval task. If you need to change the name
>of an approver, that's easy enough. Changing the group
>shared in a grouptask - not sure if you can do that on the fly.
That (I think) is the rub. You can have one approval with 3 next steps, go out, go to more approvals, reject. The approvals would have to be group tasks & could not be dynamic.
I am curious how you can change the approver name dynamically, one the WF is already in process ? I have only done that with nested WF, which have many warts of their own.
Andy
Migrateduser
I was thinking that you can change the owner of a future task on the fly, and so you could change the owner of the approval task if it is a usertask. If it's a grouptask, I think you're screwed. I couldn't find an equivalent CLT to change the name of the shared-by group for a grouptask.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
james1
> I couldn't find an equivalent CLT to change the name of
> the shared-by group for a grouptask.
iwrmtaskgroup, iwaddtaskgroup, iwrmtaskuser, iwaddtaskuser.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Well....yeah....except for those....duh
Thanks, James.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com