Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI determine if Save is required
System
In FormAPI Is there any way (documented or not) to determine if the data has changed since the DCR was last saved? There must be a variable (and there may even be a documented or undocumented function) that Interwoven uses to determine whether to prompt to save...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I will make my own method that uses top._dcWin.datacapture.dirty until I hear of something documented.
Migrateduser
Try IWDatacapture.isModified().
Daniel Yu
Senior MTS, Interwoven
Migrateduser
Perfect, I don't know why I wasn't seeing this in the documentation.
JonathonG
Note that you may want to put the value returned from isModified in your own variable in an onSave handler. My experience is that isModified returns false after a successful save until something else is changed. This makes sense. But, if you want to know whether or not the user made any changes during the current *session*, you'll need a more persistent flag.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
Thanks. In this case isModified does what I need.
brianaragno
I've been testing with this function and it seems that it will return the correct value if normal fields are modified, but if the user modifies
only
content in a visual format field, then it still returns false when it should be returning true.
Has anyone else encountered this?