Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Here's another OD issue
System
I don't know how anyone else deals with this, but we are having an issue lately with apparently how much bandwidth OpenDeploy uses.
Our average data rates are anywhere from 1KB/s to 195KB/s on 4 of our servers. With 2 hovering between 20-60 and the other two usually in the 90-190 range.
We have some of our people complaining about this and asking that we deploy outside of business hours. It is something that of course I would do to placate the client, but I would prefer not to. They asked if there was a way to regulate/throttle the amount of bandwidth used. I would think that is something that they need to do on their side? (These are our network people). Am I wrong?
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You might want to try the compression feature (in OD 5.6).
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I apologize for not including this in my last post. We use OD 5.5.1, and I don't know if we are going to be able to upgrade soon. Is there any way to do this with 5.5.1?
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
Migrateduser
The built-in data compression feature was introduced in 5.6. Only way with 5.5.1 is to compress the files before deploying them.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Something else to look at is how you are doing your deployments. For example, a directory comparison deployment will involve network communication as the sender and target compute which files should be deployed. Whereas this network communication phase doesn't occur for file list or TeamSite-comparison deployments.
I seem to recall other discussion threads on the topic of deployment speeds. You may want to search through this forum.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Thanks, I'll search the archives. Or, we may decide to compress before sending.
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.