Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Beginner struggling, help
EverardoT
Hello all,
I'm a developer, I'm logging on to TeamSite 5.5.2 as an Editor.
This is my first time working with this product and I want to create both a Presentation Template and a Data Captrue Template; I have not been successful in doing so.
I have created the following:
a folder under the /templatedata/ examples, in this new folder I've created another folder (subfolder) with the following:
/data/ folder
/presentation/ folder
and datacapture.cfg
When I choose File>>New Data Record my newly created folder(s) do not appear.
Is there a config file I should edit for this newly created folder(s) to appear? Has it to do with permissions, as I am logged on as Editor?
Please help, I thank you all in adavance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
whysguy
You also have to make sure your new categories/data-types are registered in the templating.cfg file. This is something that your TeamSite administrator will probably do, because it means changing a shared configuration file.
I hope that helps.
Migrateduser
You may want to check into whether you could sign up for a web-based training on templating. There's one called: Templating Concepts and Design.
You would need a cyberschool library card to do this. You can find out more about cyberschool here:
http://www.interwoven.com/services/training/cyberschool/
regards,
lissa
fjcamachog
Yes you need to edit the file
C:\iw-home\local\config\templating.cfg in this file you need to add you categories and datafiles. There is an easy example to follow in the TeamSite Templating Developers Guide.
I hope this help