Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restricting folder names
System
Hi,
I'm using TS 5.5.2 SP4 on Win2K.
My target for deployment are Unix boxes.
If a user creates a folder with '&' e.g. 'asd&', it gets created successfully on the TeamSite server.
When I try to deploy this file to the Unix server, it fails because Unix treats '&' as a backgrond process symbol.
Is it possible to have some validations on the file/directory name being created in TeamSite?
TIA
-Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Perhaps you should enforce some naming conventions on your users. You could do validation in your workflow or in a DNR script. Piece of cake.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the sugestions.
I've already incorporated the validation check in submit workflow.
But was just wondering if there was any better solution to restrict the errors at source rather than catching it later.
Thanks
fuzzy
make files with & private to the workarea so they could never get submited (autoprivate)
Farzam
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
">
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
Bowker
I also suggest making filenames with spaces in them private.
You may also want to consider the upper/lower case issues since windows doesn't care and Unix does.