Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Slow WF startup - 1 server only
nipper
Very strange
Select file, submit - choose WF. on 1 server it takes about 45 seconds before the CGI for the comment & other parms comes up. On my dev server it takes 10 seconds. Other WFs are very quick.
TS 5.5.2 SP3 Solaris 2.8
Neither server is heavily loaded.
nothing interesting in the logs.
from access_log:
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:16:04 -0700] "POST /iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/iwpresubmit.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 3473
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:16:04 -0700] "GET /iw-icons/submitfileswf.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:16:04 -0700] "GET /iw-icons/tslogosmall.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:16:04 -0700] "GET /iw-icons/jobicon.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:17:01 -0700] "POST /iw-bin/iwwft_instantiator.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 42182
172.16.48.23 - - [11/Nov/2003:08:17:01 -0700] "GET /iw-icons/newjobtemplateheader.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -
There is almost a 1 minute gap between the iwpresubmit.cgi (when I select the appropriate template) and the wft_instantiator
Any tips/pointers/rtfms greatly appreciated. I am commenting out preprocessing to see if I can find what is happening.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Followup:
From webdeskpro (editors can choose 1 of 2 WF) it takes a minutes, from a webdesk, it takes about 25 seconds to start up since it is the only WF available.
Too bad I gave up drinking before noon.
Andy
Migrateduser
What version of TeamSite (major and SP level)? Is this a new install, has it always been this slow? Has something changed? I'm assuming there isn't much traffic on the system, and that the issue appears to be traffic independent?
If you haven't filed a support case, I recommend that you do. Can you run any system tools to see what's happening in that minute?
Regards,
lissa
nipper
5.5.2 SP 3
existing install. Existing WF, though significant changes. On the dev server, the same WF takes a few seconds.
Support case has been filed, not certain what to look for system wise.
One thing I have noticed, is that I am running my preprocessing PERL twice. I check some stuff & drop it into a log file, when the comment window comes up, I fill out the parameters, the PERL is run again.
(not my intended behavior)
Andy
Edited by nipper on 11/11/03 09:12 AM (server time).
Adam Stoller
The template_script code being run more than once during instantiation is (somewhat unfortunately) normal behavior - if you check on your other server (where performance is good) you should see the same thing.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
>The template_script code being run more than once during
>instantiation is (somewhat unfortunately) normal behavior
Fish
You are still diplomatic. It is stupid. The culprit is a LDAP query that takes about 15 seconds, and it runs twice. Of course the users blame TeamSite.
Andy
admin group.png
Adam Stoller
If you look through the various threads in this forum - I believe you'll find some information on a variable (something like first_pass? cannot remember right now) - and you can use that to conditionalize the code so that it doesn't attempt to make the LDAP call the first time through (or only the first time through - depending on what works).
I'm diplomatic by nature, but now that I don't work for Interwoven I do have a bit more freedom to slam Smitty when I want :-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com