Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ASP.NET pages (.aspx) error when preview in TS
Fredo
Hi all,
I have an issue when I try to preview .aspx page in TeamSite.
As you should know ASP.NET need a /bin folder in the root of the application path (/iw-mount/bin). By default, iw-mount is a vitrual directory in IIS mapped to the Y: drive and it's not possible to create a directory in the root of Y:.
So I have try to create a directory like C:\iw-mount, add my \bin folder and web.config file in it, and in IIS I create a virtual folder iw-mount on my C:\iw-mount folder and create sub virtual directory pointing to Y:\default directory.
But when I try to preview my page I get an error telling me that ASPNET couldn't read [the right branching structure to my workarea]/iw-mount ? I doesn't find why ASP.NET try to access a no existing directory at the end of the preview path.
Any help or suggestion is welcome.
Note that ASPNET user is in the TeamSite Web Preview group.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Fredo,
Please see this
post
. It details some of the various problems you might experience when previewing ASPX pages after the framework installation. You're problem is related to temporary pages, which can be resolved by using the virtual directory trick explained in the thread. Also make note of the ACL's required.