Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Perl performance ?
nipper
Decided to start a new thread, WF running very slow on one server.
I decided to take the PERL out of the WF and run it standalone (as much as will run):
server 1:
time ./wf_test.ipl
Undefined subroutine &main:lithium_ELEM__ called at ./wf_test.ipl line 388.
real 0m5.76s
user 0m1.78s
sys 0m0.53s
server 2:
time ./wf_test.ipl
Undefined subroutine &main:lithium_ELEM__ called at ./wf_test.ipl line 388.
real 0m14.87s
user 0m1.16s
sys 0m0.36s
Same code, 15 seconds compared to 5. Not doing anything yet.
Any tips/pointers/rtfms appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I personally cannot make any helpful suggestion without knowing more about the two servers (hardware, load) and without knowing exactly what your Perl script does. Unless the two servers are identical in every respect, I cannot be surprised to see one program take longer to run on one box vs. another.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
nipper
That is what is puzzling. We have 3 TS servers, Dev, Test, and Prod. Dev is the smallest of the 3. Dev and test have low utilization. Dev took 6 seconds, Test 15 and prod 4 to run the IPL.
I took my perl from my WF that is running painfully long on one server.
Andy
nipper
Well at least I know where to look. I have an Ldap call that on our prod & dev servers takes 3 seconds, on this one test server takes 14 seconds.
Put a bunch of exits until I found a long delay.
Andy
james1
This is exactly what I meant. Without knowing what your program is doing, it's nearly impossible to say why it runs slower in one environment versus another. External factors are many, and it seems that your LDAP server is your culprit.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering