Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
upgrade a very large backing store to teamsite 5.5
System
Hello,
I need to do an upgrade of our TeamSite server 5.02 to 5.52.
the first question is whether or not to go to 5.52sp4 since you cannot upgrade to 6 immediately from sp4 to v6.
the second and big question for me is what is the best practice to upgrade our 90 gigabyte teamsite backing store to version 5.52. if I only migrate the last editions which is aproximately 10 gigabyte what is the best way to do this.
I am not allowed to have a big downtime since people need to do updates regulary.
hope somebody has some experience with it and give me some input.
thanks in advance
/erik
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
You don't need to shut down the 'from' server. Your users there can keep working while the migration is going on. You could push over all the previous editions (and compare) then kick the users off while moving the workarea and a final update on the staging area. That final push should take < 1 hour (I think).
If you have users already on the 5.5.2 machine - you could create another backing store (I think this will work) for the branch(es) you have left to move.
I believe you will lose all your active workflows. Workflows don't migrate over.
13adam13
I agree with the technique, but I think the final migration will take longer. Typically, you are looking at ~500MG an hour migration speed, I think.
--Adam Wilson
Senior Programmer
Migrateduser
There is a lot of material on the upgrade/conversion process on the support site. I recommend you look at it.
You can use the workflow conversion tool to move in-flight workflows as well.
Check out these links:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/552upgrade/552upgrade.asp
http://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/html/552/ts.552.clt.win/nn4/ts.552.clt.win_70.htm
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
I have the feeling that when I want to migrate only the last editions around 9-10 gigabyte. that this will give a lot of downtime, I believe a weekend 48 hours is too short to do the upgrade can anybody confirm this?
Adam Stoller
How are you calculating the size of those editions?
Is it 9-10 Gb of *changed* data since the previous editions?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gwen1
Since the conversion process can be completed while the users are publishing on the TS 5.0.1 system. There should be very little down time. We began our conversions the week before go live, converting throughout the day. There was no performance hit. Down time involved incurred only during the conversion of the final edition on each branch, during the upgrade of the server itself, testing, and placing new store on server. (We were up and running by noon on Saturday) Key is careful planning and testing. I tested conversions to get timings, etc.
Migrateduser
might be I understand it wrongly, but when you do the final migration step, does it take all the content of the last edition or does the migration only do the changed data of the last edition?
Adam Stoller
Changed data between the latest edition on the *source* side and the latest edition on the *target* side (which may or may not be the same edition, one-off, or several-off)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
thanks for the info, that looks more promissing, I have to do some extra tests then.
regards,
erik