Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Taint Perl Custom Menu Items?
System
I am wondering if anyone is tainting the custom menu items they develop for TeamSite. When I taint them, certain calls to TeamSite libraries (such as TeamSite::Config) generate errors. Does anyone else have this issue or a workaround?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
From what I have seen few if any of the PMs are runnable in taint mode. I've tried it a couple times with no luck at all.
That being said, this would be a huge pain for IW to clean and with little customer impact.
Andy
Migrateduser
I have one custom menu script that I run as root and therefore have to resolve the "taint" problems. I don't, however, use that module you referenced. I got everything to work by using all the documented techniques, which I'm sure you are aware of already. If you have taint issues in a library module, I'm guessing you'll have to either come up with a way around using that module or rewriting the module to un-taint it. I'm a big help, aren't I?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com