Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Another Wizards/Tagging question
gzevin
During TS 6 Beta testing, I remember that after editing a file in CCStandard, the wizard was immediately proceeding to the Tagging option. Now, in 6.0, I can see that the tagging is now done after Submit is done in the Wizard.
Could somebody confirm that this is how it was in TS 6 Beta, and if so, why it was changed? And, also, is there a way of changing the sequence of those events in the wizard?
And another question - my client wants the wizard to attach a generated file that has been generated from a DCR during current wizard session. So this is something quite opposite to what I described in my another topic, about Wizards.
The scenario would be - create new DCR, geberate file, file is automatically attached to a wizard, and the continue to the tagging screen. Any ideas whether this could be done in TS 6.0?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
>> I can see that the tagging is now done after Submit is done in the Wizard.
Can you elaborate what you are seeing? The tagging step occurs after the user has decided to submit, but before the submission process has started (i.e. before the WFT instantiation process).
>> Could somebody confirm that this is how it was in TS 6 Beta, and if so, why it was changed?
My recollection is that this has not been changed from the beta.
>> And, also, is there a way of changing the sequence of those events in the wizard?
There is no way to change the sequence of events in the wizards. This is something we're looking at exposing in a later release of Teamsite.
>> The scenario would be - create new DCR, geberate file, file is automatically attached to a wizard, and the continue to the tagging screen. Any ideas whether this could be done in TS 6.0?
I thought this is what it's currently doing, but I'll have to check.
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
Todd,
thanks. With the last wuestion - I was wrong, the wizard does attach the files.
However, my previus question about tagging DCRs still remains, and I hope it (and tagging multiple files GUI) could be resolved prior to .1 release.
It's a pity, though that we could not tag the files prior to the submit (I mean submit action in Wizard, not the real WFT submit) - because our requirement for metadata tagging are such, that the user should attach metadata immediately after generating an HTML file (and as far I remember, that was the case in Beta).
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
PCL_Box.txt
Migrateduser
Hi Greg,
>> However, my previus question about tagging DCRs still remains, and I hope it (and tagging multiple files GUI) could be resolved prior to .1 release.
There are several threads on this topic, so please clarify that I'm referring to the correct issue: the issue of what's gets tagged - DCR, generated files, both, or none, will be addressed in 6.1, but probably not before then. Of these, can you tell me which you think it should do?
>> because our requirement for metadata tagging are such, that the user should attach metadata immediately after generating an HTML file (and as far I remember, that was the case in Beta).
I'm not following what you think was in beta and what the difference is now. Are you saying that even if the user chose "keep work in progress" that in the beta the user was still forced to enter the metadata but now in the release when the user chooses "keep work in progress" it does not?
Even though the user when choosing "keep work in progress" is not forced to enter the metadata, the metadata screen does come back in the submit wizard. Why is there a need to force the user at the time of choose "keep work in progress"?
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
Todd,
>>> However, my previous question about tagging DCRs still remains, and I hope it (and tagging multiple files GUI) could be resolved prior to .1 release.
>There are several threads on this topic, so please clarify that I'm referring to the >correct issue: the issue of what's gets tagged - DCR, generated files, both, or >none, will be addressed in 6.1, but probably not before then. Of these, can you >tell me which you think it should do?
Yes, that is precisely the issue - the ability to tag only HTML (well, generated) files (however, Adam described at least one issue when he wanted only DCRs to be tagged) - so if one could configure which files to tag (DCR/Non-DCR), this would be great.
Also, I reiterate, the tagging GUI, adopted from meta tagger, is very unfriendly, when it comes to tag mutiple files. E.g., we have 11 compulsory metadata, and 60+ non-madatory data, and some project-related metadata. They are separated in tabs, but when there are more than 1 file, the tabs disappear. Now imagine 90 fields one after another with no tabs..
Now - with your last question. I saw in beta, that the tagging came before the Wizard asked about what to do with the files - now this happens after. In our case it's essential that the users see the set metadata (tag) process as an immediate step after filling in DCR and generating a file, as sometimes metadata that needs to be set, logically follows and complements data that has been entered into DCR.
>Even though the user when choosing "keep work in progress" is not forced to >enter the metadata, the metadata screen does come back in the submit wizard. >Why is there a need to force the user at the time of choose "keep work in >progress"?
not at the time, before that, for the reasons I described above.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
>> Also, I reiterate, the tagging GUI, adopted from meta tagger, is very unfriendly
I'll pass this along.
>> Now - with your last question. I saw in beta, that the tagging came before the Wizard asked about what to do with the files
I just looked at the beta2 machine and it's exactly the same way it is now. Perhaps it was like that in the beta1 build, I don't know. I don't think this is something we are going to change for 6.1. Ultimately we'd like to expose the wizard framework so you could customize to your needs.
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
alas.. it's a pity we cannot do now. However, exposing the Wizard framework would be a good idea. I am wondering, are there any hints/unsupported tricks for advanced users you could provide for us?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Hi Greg,
Unfortunately there are no advanced tips/tricks that aren't already published. The main things you can control is turning the tagging step off, and using workflow to alter the wizard experience at the end.
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
Todd,
undortunately, turning the tagging off is not an option - it is an added feature that we do want. We simply want it at different event in a Wizard. Workflows will still have to have metadata check tasks, and, therefore, are not a substitute...
thanks anyway
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I'm not sure if this helps, but keep in mind you can add the tagging back into a wizard via the tagging CGI in workflow.
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
Todd,
as far as i undestand, tagging task could be added after we submit, right? I need to add before....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
screenshot.7.jpg
Migrateduser
The user would have to choose to submit, but the tagging would happen pre-submit in the workflow.
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
so... this is not an option for us, as we have this functionality by default anyway
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Trey
I am having several problems with ts 6 and the new forms publisher. In this post you mention "The main things you can control is turning the tagging step off, and using workflow to alter the wizard experience at the end."
I am hoping you can shed some light on my issues.
Here is my problem. I have a custom jsp ui I built that basically reads data that has been sent to data deploy and uses CCI urls to manipulate dcrs than launch a workflow on tt_data that submits and deploys jobs. This worked well under ts 5.5.2 but with the new CCStandard it wants me to 1. Tag the files and 2. select the workflow I want to run. All that works but it creates many new clicks for the user that are unnecessary. Also when they are complete I want to close the content center. Actually I don’t want them to see a content center at all. But when I complete the steps manually as above it brings up the ccstandard interface when they are done. This thread gets close to my issues and am hoping that I may be able to learn how to do what I need.
Here are specific questions that may help me figure out what I need to do:
1. When you refer to tuning off the tagging step are you referring to turning off tagging on the entire TS server or can this be controlled at the branch level? If so where is this documented? I have scoured the threads and docs and can find nothing.
2. As afar as “using workflow to alter the wizard experience at the end” right now my users are having to select the workflow they wish to run. I want to automate this step and choose for them.
Trey Wentz
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
e-mail:
trey.wentz@ferguson.com
Migrateduser
>> worked well under ts 5.5.2 but with the new CCStandard
Why not use CCP? If you use the old CCI URLs (iw/webdesk instead of iw-cc) instead of the new ones it will force the user through the CCP interface...no wizards.
>> 1. When you refer to tuning off the tagging step are you referring to turning off tagging on the entire TS server or can this be controlled at the branch level?
You can turn it off for CCS wizards globally, not per branch.
>> 2. As afar as “using workflow to alter the wizard experience at the end” right now my users are having to select the workflow they wish to run. I want to automate this step and choose for them.
Can you configure in available_templates.cfg such that these users only have one submit WFT available to them? If so, you could use the submit CCI URL and it would auto bypass the WFT selection screen (since there is only one) and just show the WFT instantiation screen.
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK