Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Standard Browser for Files in Another Branch?
System
From a DCT I need to be able to browse to and select a file in another branch. I know there have been threads on this before and if I remember correctly the consensus was to develop something custom. I would like to avoid the copy/edit/maintain cycle if I can and keep the user experience consistent. I am also concerned that in another release (such as 6.0 even - I am on a 5.5.2 project) the CGI parameter passing API may change or otherwise require rework of CGIs.
I am wondering if with a FormAPI onCallout I can pass the appropriate parameters to the standard file browser to direct it to another branch.
Has anyone done this? Is it a good idea? Is it supported? What are the required parameters? It looks like they are all passed on the URL:
/iw/webdesk/WorkareaBrowser?allownewfiles=n&extns0=File+types+for+File+Name%2c.jpg%2c.gif&location=&topdir=&iw%5farea=/blah/blah/blah/WORKARA/john&show%5fthumbnail=true&callback=opener.formframe.browserCallback__43
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
hackhackhack
var browseItem = null;
var otherArea = "/blah/blah/blah/STAGING";
IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler( "/FooterLinks/test", "onCallout", selectHTML );
function selectHTML( item )
{
browseItem = item;
var opts = "height=300,width=500,location=no,scrollbars=no,menubars=no,toolbars=no,resizable=yes";
window.open( "/iw/webdesk/WorkareaBrowser?allownewfiles=n&extns0=File+types+for+File+Name%2c.htm%2c.html&location=&topdir=&iw%5farea=" + otherArea + "&show%5fthumbnail=true&callback=opener.top.getScriptFrame().setBrowseValue", "_blank", opts );
}
function setBrowseValue( ok, path )
{
if ( ok )
{
path = path.replace( /.*STAGING/ig, "" );
path = path.replace( /.*(WORKAREA|EDITION)[\\\/][^\\\/][^\\\/]+/ig, "" );
browseItem.setValue( path );
}
}
Migrateduser
OK one advantage (or security problem?) with the CGI approach is that it doesn't have to have read permissions on the other area, the default file browser seems to have this restriction (the window closes itself with an alert).
gzevin
John,
if you want, I can send you file browser CGI
which platform do you want it for?
Greg
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
extrait0100093801000938.txt
Valentine
Can you also send it to me?
or attach it?
Thank You
Migrateduser
I think this installation already has a copy of this. Isn't it possible to write one that works on all platforms? We are in the process of switching from Solaris to Windows (don't ask me why).
One thing I noticed is that it uses TeamSite::CGI_lite or something like that. I prefer to use modules not associated with any vendor if possible (such as plain old CGI), but CGI seems much slower. Does anyone have insight into this? I think it might have to do with the size of the .pm being parsed.
gzevin
I myself prefer CGI.pm also, but for exactly the same reason I used CGI::Lite in this case.
well, the history of this callout - I wrote it for Win32 platform, as a that time the workaround on Solaris (symlinks from one workarea to another) was not applicable on Windows, as interwoen did not implement symplinks (junctions) on IFS on Win32.
So, I tested it on Windows,but later on it had been adapted to Unix by a friend of mine, so it turns to be that we now have 2 pieces of code....And I never bothered to write a version that will work on both platforms, even though this is definitely possible
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Can you send me the Windows version.
mailto:interwoven@jpw3.com
Thanks,
-John
njmahesh
can i have the code for looking another branch
thanks in advance
mahesh
njmahesh
can i have the code for looking another branch
pls send it to
mahesh_nattanmai@fanniemae.com
thanks in advance
mahesh
mangetak
Isn´t there any way of attaching files to a post? I´m also very interested in this code.
enx8@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance
Migrateduser
we're working on a way to have devnet members submit articlesand code to devnet. hopefully by early April, stay tuned!
lissa
Johnny
What about Interwoven?...
Wouldn't it be appropriate for Interwoven to contribute to the same extent as all the others?.
Particularly if they would be accessing code we post.
Are there any plans for active involvement on this?
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Today, IWOV employees can add content which is displayed in the technical library. What we are working on is a way for DevNet members to submit content for the library. This content could be code or an article. It will go through a review process similar to the one we have for internal content.
More information on the external article submission will be available once we get closer.
If I have not answered your question please post again.
Best Regards,
lissa
lissa