Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS Area Comparison
nshetty
Hi,
Based on the documents we can define the Source host TS areas for comparison as:
<sourceTeamsite
area="//IWSERVER/default/main/branchname/EDITION"
previousArea="//IWSERVER/default/main/branchname/EDITION/IW_PREV
>
I am wondering if I can use something like this:
<sourceTeamsite
area="//IWSERVER/default/main/branchname/STAGING"
previousArea="//IWSERVER/default/main/branchname/EDITION/IW_PREV
>
.....
</sourceTeamsite>
I want to deploy files from the staging area and compare them with previous editions before deployment.
Any help is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
I'm pretty sure you can do what you just specified. But, I'm not sure that's what you want. What you propose doing will compare the contents of the STAGING area to one prior to the most recent edition. This seems strange. I can see where you might want to compare STAGING to the latest edition (to pick up changes since the last edition), but in that case, you would just specify .../EDITION as the previousArea.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
nshetty
I think you are right
Thanks for being a great help.
Bowker
Some installations (sites) actually do compare back one edition. It helps ensure files get deployed in the event of an edition being created between a submit and the deployment.
You can also compare to many editions back if you want by specifying the edition number (there may be a generic value like /EDITION[-4] - I don't know). We actually have a custom command available to masters to deploy to specific servers all the differences between any edition and staging. This is important in the event of one server being taken down for maintenance, it allows us to 'catch it up'.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Adam Stoller
No EDITION[-4] -- just EDITION and EDITION/IW_PREV
Generally, if you're going to do TeamSite-based deployments - you need a mechanism for recording the last-known-deployed-edition so that you always used *that* for your previousArea. The value of IW_PREV is somewhat limited (for some of the reasons already stated)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com