Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Could not receive email notification from workflow
rajnag
Hi,
My external task command in wft is "$iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl tsuser jobID taskID areav"
When the workflow system is executing an email external task I dont receive any
email notification. But when I run the same command which is "$iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl tsuser jobID taskID areav"
from the command-line I receive email notification.
Thanks
chiru
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mgal
Which version of TeamSIte? Do you see any error message in iwtrace.log file ?
Also send your workflow file and the externaltask email script.
rajnag
TeamSite version is 5.0.1 with service pack 2 on sun solaris 5.7. No error message in iwtrace.log.
The workflow is completed without any errors.
I am also attaching the workflow file.
Thanks.
Adam Stoller
My external task command in wft is "$iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl tsuser jobID taskID areav"
The jobid, taskid and areavpath are added automatically to the call when the externaltask is executed - they should
not
be listed explicitly within the wft as part of the command line.
Try changing it to just:
$iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl tsuser
and see if that resolves the problem (I'm assuming you already have the settings in the
iw.cfg
taken care of since you said you receive email when you run it from the command line)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rajnag
I have changed the command to $iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwper $iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl tsuser, and tryed it still email notification is not sent to the user from the workflow. I have posted my workflow in the previous post. I have already configured the iwsend_mail section of iw.cfg and added the user and email address to the $iw-home/local/config/wft/email_map.cfg.
Adam Stoller
Have you tried adding (or enabling) debugging in the email script to see whether the script itself is getting called / run ?
This kind of information could make a big difference in terms of diagnosis.
5.0.1 is soooo old at this point - and iwsend_mail.ipl has changed several times since then (several bug fixes, lots of enhancements)...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rajnag
I have tailed the iwtrace.log file and iwsendmail.log file, email message is written to these files. So I am assuming that the iwsend_mail.ipl script executed successfully. If I execute the iwsend_mail.ipl from the command line I am abel to receive the email notification.
Adam Stoller
At this point I'd have to see / be able to recreate the problem in order to diagnose it any further - sorry.
It's probably something "real simple" (once you discover what it is...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
Why don't you restart server. If may resovle the problem.
MM Guptha
rajnag
Thanks, after restarting the server I could receive the email notification from the workflow. If you can tell me the reason that would be great.