Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
autoflush
System
I don't know if this is a Perl question or an Apache config issue. I have $|=1 in my CGI script but it still seems like something is buffering the results I am sending to the browser - all I can see in view source is the DOCTYPE declaration. Could Apache be buffering what the CGI has generated? If so, is there anything I can execute from Perl to force Apache to flush the buffer (I can't change the Apache configuration and probably wouldn't want to anyway). If not, is there anything I can do to force Perl to flush the buffer (even though I have already told it to autoflush)?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
I have seen this also, on windows machines only though.
Id be interested to hear an answer aswell.
Id also like to express my disapointment that I didnt make the first post here!
John Cuiuli
Bowker
We experienced this same thing.
In TS 5.0.2 if you had a custom command that ran for a while - like multiple deployments - and displayed the results as it progressed, apache would send the information to the client browser 'real time'.
In TS 5.5.2, apache started buffering the output. I opened a case (or maybe a devnet post a long time ago) about this and it is a known issue with the version of apache being used in TS 5.5.2. At that time there was no known fix.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology