Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.0 - Content Wizard Error
ThrogMI
We're about to start using the TeamSite 6.0 Content Center Standard, mainly because we like the "wizard" that is triggered by the "Next" button on the content creation forms. The wizard works fine but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help us out with please :-
(1) When the user presses "Next" on the "Select Next Action" screen we get an error message :-
There was a problem with metadata capture configuration. Please contact your system administrator.
If you press "Next" below this message, the wizard continues and the user is prompted for the parameters associated with the selected workflow. From there, everything proceeds normally - the correct content files are picked up, submitted and deployed. So what does this error message mean and how do we get rid of it?
(2) If the user hasn't generated a page before hitting "Next", the DCR is saved and entered onto a workflow, but they are not prompted to generate the page. I thought the wizard would do this automatically, but it seems not. Is there any way of getting it to run the Generate dialogue as well?
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mdang
For question (1) When the user presses "Next" on the "Select Next Action" screen we get an error message :-
There was a problem with metadata capture configuration. Please contact your system administrator.
You should check the servletd.log and error.log for details. Their default location is <iw-home>/local/logs/iwui
Migrateduser
Hi,
>> There was a problem with metadata capture configuration. Please contact your system administrator.
It sounds like the metadata screens have not been configured. In TS6.0 both UIs use Metataggers UI, even if Metatagger is not installed. So you need to make sure it is properly configured. I believe how to configure this is covered in the admin guide in the "Configuring Metadata Capture and Search" section.
Alternatively, if you don't want metadata capture in the wizards you can eliminate this step. This is covered in the UI Customization Guide in chapter 3.
>> (2) If the user hasn't generated a page before hitting "Next", the DCR is saved and entered onto a workflow, but they are not prompted to generate the page.
I'm not familiar with this, I'll see if I can get an answer about this.
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
>>> (2) If the user hasn't generated a page before hitting "Next", the DCR is saved >>and entered onto a workflow, but they are not prompted to generate the page.
>I'm not familiar with this, I'll see if I can get an answer about this.
Yes, this is the behaviour, which I hope could be fixed as described.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Hi Greg,
I spoke to the developers, and they agreed, this is not the current behavior. I'll let the product manager know and add this as a feature request.
Thanks,
Todd
Dev. Mgr., CCS and UITK
gzevin
Todd,
as with my other Wizard requests, it would be great if the fixes are done in 6.1
thanks
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU