Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Populate DCR with Excel Data
Lynchy
I have a spreadsheet that looks something like
(A1)Albania
(B1)1124
(C1)0.93
I have a PERL script that pulls all data from the spreadsheet and displays it as a list like
Albania
1124
0.93
Is there a way to force that data into a DCR as replicants.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I have seen many customers do that -- Parse XLS to update/create a DCR. You are parsing the spreadsheet already. All you need to do is use one the of the modules which will allow you to update/create a DCR. See documentation for DCRnode, XMLparser, XML:
OM, XML::Writer.
If you search the forums, you will find many posts for updating DCRs from a scrpt.
121577.pdf
Lynchy
Anyone know of any example code around using the aforementioned classes? Thanks in advance for any help guys.
LooseCannon
You can always view the perldoc for the modules :-)
Another resource to consider is
Templating Tutorial for TS 5.x
(section 6.2.4).
gzevin
Yes, I just wanted to point out to my tutorial on Templating.
Also, one could use the material from the tutorial and also use Text::CSV or other modules that work with Excel . (e.g. Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and Spreadsheet:
arseExcel ). It will depend on whether you could output data from Excel into CSV or you have to parse Excel workshets directly.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU