Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
New to Templating
Webldry
I'm new to Templating in TeamSite and had a question.
Is there a way to have the users input data for a template without having them login to TeamSite, go to the work area, click "New Data" record, etc...?
Thanks for the help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sunil_j
I dont think so thats possible.
regards
Sunil
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant
PageOUTtesting.zip
Migrateduser
How do you want them to bring up the form if they don't first log into TeamSite? How do you know what category and type they want to use? You could use a CCI link, I probably have some examples of this, but if their TeamSite cookie is not set you probably want them to log in.
Webldry
Logging in really isn't too big of a deal in the long run. The main idea is to have them to be able to just go to a web based form without having to drill down to find the right one and save the DCR.
Migrateduser
Not sure what you are looking for - do you mean you don't want them to have to select "File->New Data Record", you don't want them to have to select a category and type, you don't want them to have to select a folder and enter a filename when they save the templated record, some combination of these, or something else? Any or all of these are possible, I'm just not clear on the goal.
Webldry
John, basically all of the above.
The more of the above I can eliminate the better.
Here is the scenario I have:
I need an admin assistant to be able to login to TeamSite, be able to easily, with a few steps as possible, pull up the form to enter a new Press Release. Save the new Press Release and kick off a WorkFlow to publish the new Press Release to our live web server.
Does that sound possible? I apologize for not posting this earlier.
Migrateduser
For a CCI link to create a new DCR:
/iw-bin/tmplJavaBrowserSwitch.cgi/new_dcr?area_path=<whatever>&session=<whatever>
I am not sure session is required, or if it is whether a dummy value works there. You should be able to embed this link in any page as long as the values are all hard-coded. To defatult the category and type, there may now be a standard CCI link for this, but what I have used in the past:
/iw/webdesk/newdcr?area_path=<whatever>&iw_tdt=<category>/<type>
Same deal on embedding the link in any page.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/data/forums/attachments/39-12034-post.txt
Has some information about defaulting DCR name/location with FormAPI. Another way is to use a CCI to a custom CGI that creates a new DCR using whatever logic you want, then bring up the edit CCI to that new (empty) DCR.
StreamServe_Connect_for_SAP_E-docs.pdf
Migrateduser
Are you using 5.5.2 or 6.0? If you hav flexibility, you may want to look at ContentCenter Standard in 6.0, which basically does what you oultined.
You can check out the 6.0 webcasts at
http://devnet.interwoven.com/webcasts/index.html
Regards,
lissa
jbonifaci
Exactly what lissa just said. Sounds like you're looking for the TS 6.0 UI.
Webldry
We are currently still on 5.5.2.
I am looking to get a test box to go through 6.0 and test it out.
Webldry
Will 6.0 run on Mac OS X?
Migrateduser
Not yet, but it is planned. You should probably speak to your sales representative.
Regards,
lissa