Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Refresh button in Workflow (TS 6.0)
gzevin
new TS 6 does not have refresh button in either content or workflow tabs. Is this by design? If so, why? The screen does not seem to be refreshing itself. So - how the users are supposed to refresh screens?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Greg,
The UI is meant to self-refresh in all appropriate instances. Can you please clarify the steps you are taking to see this behavior?
Are you seeing this behavior all the time or in specific instances?
Thanks,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
gzevin
Hi David,
I definitely can tell you.
Now I am running all our workflow one by one in TS 6. In one, very simple workflow, the user task is transitioned to unlock (ext. task), and then to another external task that generates HTML out of DCRs.
So, after I transitioned the user task to this set of 2 external tasks, I could see that the screen refreshed itself and showed that unlock task, but that was it. It did not refresh to reflect the transition from one external task to another, and even transition from the second external task to a group task did not make any changes to the screen. I had to press F5 to refresh.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I have seen the same behavior. I have to refresh the browser to see my tasks transition from one to the other. I never liked this behavior in any previous version of TeamSite either, nor do my users. Nobody finds the act of clicking Refresh over and over to see your externaltask move on to its next task a very usable UI.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
is this the only scenario where the UI doesnt refresh or are there others?
David
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
jerm
We are also seeing the same thing with our TS6 upgrade. Now our users will either have to click the Browser Refresh, or do a right-mouse-click and select refresh. I notice this also when reviewing DCRs using CCP.