Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
[ui_remove_menu_items] on per branch basis
System
Hi,
I have a question concerning [ui_remove_menu_items]. I am aware it is possible to remove items on a role basis, but is it possible to remove items based on role plus the branch?
What I have is an image directory that I want ONLY administrators to be able to add to via 'File - Import Files ...' BUT NOT authors or editors, however, I do need all users to be able to access this directory to select imported images.
Many thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
As far as I know, (at least for TeamSite 5.5.2 and earlier) the only way to do this would be to remove the OOTB menu item and replace it with your own custom [wrapper?] menu item that could perform the kind of checking you want and display a reasonable error message if the person trying to perform the operation was not allowed by either role or location.
This might be possible in TS 6 - haven't had a chance to play with it yet though.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
james1
I do not think that TS6.0.0 allows per-branch UI customization.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering