Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Security Model
rwinterpacht
I'm curious to know what kind of security model some organizations have out there to manage >100 users with hundreds of category/data-types.
How many groups do you have defined for the content? Is there a group associated with each business group? How granular is security established on assets? Branch level? Workarea? Category level?
We're going back and forth on how to establish a good security model, which also needs to have a respective process in place for publishing (which is basically the approval for production.)
Hopefully it doesn't sound too vague, and it's not exactly developer-specific, but that's why it's in CM forum.
Thanks!
Raf Winterpacht
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
My first TS implementation I did define groups for each business group. This allowed a reasonable degree of separation of content through directories having read & execute permissions for only owner and group (750). Though I wouldn't call it great security - I doubt anybody tried to breach it.
When the CEO started doing things he didn't want me or my assistant to be able know about, he asked me to provide a mechanism to further secure his documents. For that I sent him PGP (IIRC since taken over by Net.Assoc.); so he could encrypt his work in place, and e-mail either links or the document to whoever he included in the public keys for the encryption.