Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Any idea - what this error is?
nshetty
Hi,
I am trying to run a workflow and getting this error:
Invalid workflow
:Failure in Operation
:Unrecognized element files in task
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Looks like you have a <files> element defined in a task that is not marked with start="t". Either add the start attribute to that task (if it is supposed to be a start task) or remove the <files> element.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
Why Interwoven hasn't made better error handling a priority is beyond me. It would be so easy to make these types of errors easier to understand.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nshetty
I checked my workflow so many times. Don't know whats wrong, but one thing i need to mention here is that I am actually trying to submit the files to one of my sub-branch and also opendeploy to the server. Now after that I have usertask which will review the files in the workarea of the parent branch and if approved will be opendeployed to the other servers.
Just wanted to know if I am not doing anything wrong here, by opendeploying files in workarea in the middle of the workflow though I have other tasks to be done yet.
Any help is appreciated.
Migrateduser
Check your job spec, specifically where your <files> tag is set up. Hopefully it will jump out at you.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
I think Jonathon already indicated what's wrong - if you can't find it, you can probably post your wft (as an attachment) and someone here will find it for you.
As for your process - deploying to a test or preview server (or test or preview doc_root on a web server) from a workarea during the course of a workflow, shouldn't be a problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nshetty
I found the error. Actually I was placing the element in the wrong order. Thanks all for help