Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dynamically creating items
System
In my datacapture.cfg file i have an item using a visualformat textarea. I need to be able to change the configuration file that visual format uses in this textarea based on a selection that the user makes in another item (a drop down list). I can use form api to register an onItemChange event to capture when the drop down list changes but how do i then get it visualformat to change the configuration file it uses? can this be done?
Thanks!
Shaheed
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
There isn't an API for doing this. And, I'm fairly certain VisualFormat reads the config file when the DCT loads, so I'm fairly certain there is no way to do this, unless you make VisualFormat a callout. Then you could use the onCallout event to specify the config file (I think).
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor